Nomad Forum Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving Forward

4 posters

Go down

Moving Forward Empty Moving Forward

Post by ^Tomisama^ Fri 16 Jan 2009, 02:11

Thoughts to paper…

So many Total War eras, so many Clan and association memberships, so many monikers, I am not sure what to do next.

I do believe that Empire will have the absolute best multiplayer ever (at least in the long run).

So then a plan…

What I am proposing may or may not sit well with any or all here, but I must propose it and risk offending some or all of you, because it is the future that I see.

I would like you all to consider the suggestion that we now need to move forward and embrace Empire Total War, working through whatever problems there will certainly be, dedicating ourselves to perfecting our skills in this new game.

To firmly plant a foot in this new future, I am also suggesting that we reinvent our selves as new entity, with a new name that embraces this new beginning. My suggestion for that new name is; ^ The Grand Alliance ^.

I would also suggest that you might consider what I am considering in the direction of new identities, which reflect our older identities, thus merging the past with the new future. For example ^Lord Tomi^, ^Lord Jochi^, etc. I really miss the old names. I always have to double-think, which is a strain on my aging brain.

Well there it is. Maybe going too far? What do you think?

And please don’t say “depending on how the game is”, I run into that everywhere else. Like every Total War game, in the end by developer’s corrections (much easer done now with automatic updates), or by community mods, all eras have emerged fit and proper for serious multiplayer.

Thanks Wink

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44441.html

Last edited by ^Kazemoto^ on Fri 16 Jan 2009, 11:47; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added link)
^Tomisama^
^Tomisama^
Nomad
Nomad

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Moving Forward Empty Re: Moving Forward

Post by ^Tomisama^ Sat 17 Jan 2009, 02:17

Or not...

(the silence is deafening)

You all take care, and enjoy the game cheers
^Tomisama^
^Tomisama^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Glyndwr^ Sat 17 Jan 2009, 14:01

^Kazemoto^ wrote:What I am proposing may or may not sit well with any or all here, but I must propose it and risk offending some or all of you, because it is the future that I see.
No reason for any offence to be taken ^Kazemoto^

At this present moment in time I am not sure what I will be doing with regards to E:TW. The fact that Securom is not now being used is a '+' for E:TW. Still undecided as to whether or not to buy it.

For a start, it would mean me having to purchase a new pc. I cannot see this pc I have now being able to even start up E:TW let alone run battles. Mad That would be a big expenditure for me for I am also a Senior Citizen.

^Kazemoto^ wrote:To firmly plant a foot in this new future, I am also suggesting that we reinvent our selves as new entity, with a new name that embraces this new beginning. My suggestion for that new name is; ^ The Grand Alliance ^.

I would also suggest that you might consider what I am considering in the direction of new identities, which reflect our older identities, thus merging the past with the new future. For example ^Lord Tomi^, ^Lord Jochi^, etc. I really miss the old names. I always have to double-think, which is a strain on my aging brain.

Well there it is. Maybe going too far? What do you think?

Name changes.... I am happy for the names to remain as they are. The ^Nomad Alliance^ name was set up for a reason (as stated in our introduction). A group of 'individual players' having fun with no ties or commitments.

I will leave the others to make their own comments when they are available,
^Glyndwr^
^Glyndwr^
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 843
Location : Wales UK. In the mountains. Searching!! Searching!!
Registration date : 2008-05-20

http://nomadalliance.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Tomisama^ Sat 17 Jan 2009, 19:36

I am sorry to hear about your computer.

I too live on the edge of senior mountain, and would not be participating at this point if it were not for the generosity extended me in fathers will.

On the name, I have gone ahead and taken the lead I really need to, and have posted my intention to raise a Clan dedicated to ETW multiplayer team competitions.

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=111586

I understand about maintaining the open environment of the association, really just as needed now as was the Ronin Alliance, of which I was a member ten years ago.

I will be studying the specs of exactly what is needed for Empire, and will keep my eyes peeled for any special deals on hardware.

You just never know where help will come from sometimes Smile
^Tomisama^
^Tomisama^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^HUN^ Mon 19 Jan 2009, 20:01

I have no intention of changing my name.
I have yet to be convinced that TW MP will even run with ETW. If I do decide to try this new game (which is doubtful at the moment) I'll do that as a ^Nomad^...No Clan, no hierarchy ...

Personally, with not much interest in the particular period covered in ETW, I'd rather stay with the past. I see a game full of artillery No
^HUN^
^HUN^
Nomad
Nomad

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Moving Forward Empty etw

Post by donbatti Wed 25 Feb 2009, 23:06

hey guys, been reading up some on ETW and will prolly buy it and try out the MP side of it.. hope to see some of ya there Very Happy
donbatti
donbatti

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down