Nomad Forum Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange Graphics of Shogun 2 on my system

3 posters

Go down

Strange Graphics of Shogun 2 on my system Empty Strange Graphics of Shogun 2 on my system

Post by Nigel Fri 25 Feb 2011, 16:35

Hi Jochi and all who may be able to help,

now with the demo out, I finally have a chance to see if my computer will run Shogun 2.
Well, it does load and start without an error message, but the graphics look somewhat strange. I am uploading a few screenshots here to illustrate it.

I also should say that other than the colours looking all wrong, there seems to be no problems with it, i.e. no lags, not FPS rate dropping to slideshow speed or anything, no wierd objects appearing - just strange colours on the battlemap and a very very low resolution on the campaign map. And yes, the Graphics Options don't allow me to choose anything else but Low settings (but I had rather expected that).

Battle map with "green river"
Spoiler:
The soldiers close up
Spoiler:
Later in the battle
Spoiler:
The campaign map
Spoiler:

My computer, I have to say, is a laptop (wich is running N:TW nicely)
Here is the information I have about my graphics card :

Mobile Intel(R) Series Express Chipset Family
Mobile Intel(R) GMA 4500M
Intel Video Bios
totally available graphics memory : 1759 MB
decidated video memory : 128 MB
system video memory : 0 MB
mutually used system meory : 1631 MB
Nigel
Nigel
Nomad
Nomad

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-03-03

Back to top Go down

Strange Graphics of Shogun 2 on my system Empty Re: Strange Graphics of Shogun 2 on my system

Post by ^Jochi Khan^ Fri 25 Feb 2011, 20:05

Hello Nigel,

Nice to see you in your new colour. Welcome ^Nomad^

Looking at those screenshots I would say it is your graphics Chipset.
Running on Low graphics means you are only just able to run the game.
Remember this is just a demo so not the finished game due out 15 March.

Mine on the Tower is running on Medium if set by the game.

Laptops seem to have a problem with chipset graphics. Not all can be upgraded.

I have read a post about how, if possible, to correct this but not all laptops have the option.
It involves adding an external graphics to the laptop. (Plug it into a special connection on the laptop)
If I find it I will post here.

Edit: Found it..Post #41
http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?132458-Required-system-specs&p=2053264749&viewfull=1#post2053264749
^Jochi Khan^
^Jochi Khan^
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 245
Job/hobbies : Retired
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://www.nomadalliance.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Strange Graphics of Shogun 2 on my system Empty Re: Strange Graphics of Shogun 2 on my system

Post by Nigel Sat 26 Feb 2011, 20:58

Thanks Jochi,
I feared as much. So this is a hardware issue and no easy fix to be expected - merely my system beeing at the very bottom of what can just about still run Shogun2.

Well, I am going to by myself a new computer sooner or later anyway. The question is only, rather sooner or rather later. I had hoped not to need to deal with this question just jet, but hey, cant run away from it really. My hope is sill, that the released version may be better than the demo (in getting the best results of low spec machines, I mean). If not, I am glad that I can at least technically play it. I may wait and see if the community thinks this game worth while, before I make a decision.

Just out of interest, would you post a few pics to let me see how it looks on medium settings or how it shoul look on low settings if the colours are right ?
Just for curiosity, and to make me envious.

Oh and thanks for the newly coloured coat.
What have I done to deserve it? Post 31 posts, I guess? Very Happy

Nigel
Nigel
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Jochi Khan^ Mon 28 Feb 2011, 15:07

Hello Nigel

I have put your images in spoiler tags to reduce the load time on the topic.

I have posted a few of my battle images for you to see. Enjoy.

You have earned the ^Nomad^ title. Wink If you want to add the ^....^ to your name on the forum feel free to do so.
We have played together for a long time now pity we haven't been able to get more battles together of late. Been very busy. Crying or Very sad
^Jochi Khan^
^Jochi Khan^
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 245
Job/hobbies : Retired
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://www.nomadalliance.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigel Thu 03 Mar 2011, 18:38

Hi Jochi,

thanks for uploading the pictures in the other thread.
Yes, they do make me envious of your graphics cards, but at least now I know that the brown grass I am getting is not due to some bad colour glitch but intended to be so (probably meant to be autumn when the battle is fought).

Still I find it hard to get used to the green river. The units I dont mind so much. At least from far away now, they give a good contrast to the land and let me see them well enough. I still hope that the final game will look better, or I find the money somewhere to upgrade my hardware....
Nigel
Nigel
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigel Wed 23 Mar 2011, 19:36

Hi Jochi,

well, I am glad to say that the finished game looks much nicer on my PC than the demo did.
Here is an example of the campaign map :

Spoiler:

Here is a picture from a battle :
Spoiler:

And here is a close up of my men braving against the mighty Jochi Khan :
Spoiler:

I guess I will be fine with the rig I have at the moment. I will probably upgrade it at some point in the future still. But no rush now. I am quite happy with what I have Very Happy

Last edited by Nigel on Wed 30 Mar 2011, 19:34; edited 1 time in total
Nigel
Nigel
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^HUN^ Thu 24 Mar 2011, 17:52

How does it cope with 3v3, 4v4?
^HUN^
^HUN^
Nomad
Nomad

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigel Wed 30 Mar 2011, 19:39

I have added some more pictures above Very Happy

As for the battle performance, I have played in 2v2 and 3v3 mostly lag free or with acceptable lag - not turning the game into a slide show. Have not tried a 4v4 yet.

My other system specs are :
Pentium Dual-Core CPU T4300, 2.1 GHz, 4 GB, 64 Bit-Windows 7
Nigel
Nigel
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down