Nomad Forum Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GAH !!

Go down

GAH !! Empty GAH !!

Post by ^Glyndwr^ Tue 27 May 2008, 16:59

Toda Watanabe

Posted: 18 Jan 2006 11:07 pm Post subject: GAH !!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After play some interesting battles at the weekend and having lots of fun I remember a small "quote" for each battle .....
Maybe some people missed the point..seeing Glyndwr & myself clearly saying that we play no rules & go on "fareplay"when choosing an army, some of the people that we played with clearly picked norandom spam armies ..!!! Gah
Once again I can feel a little tweeking coming on & have some interesting result
I should have a new selection of files to test at the weekend
Anyone for a test time ??
remember v1.03

Last edited by ^Glyndwr^ on Tue 03 Jun 2008, 22:20; edited 1 time in total
^Glyndwr^
^Glyndwr^
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 843
Location : Wales UK. In the mountains. Searching!! Searching!!
Registration date : 2008-05-20

http://nomadalliance.co.uk

Back to top Go down

GAH !! Empty Re: GAH !!

Post by ^Glyndwr^ Tue 27 May 2008, 16:59

^HUN^

Posted: 19 Jan 2006 05:25 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is the nature of this game, from STW to RTW that we will always meet those players who have no concept of fair play. The need to beat the opponent over rides the balanced army approach, which involves using your wits and in team battles means seeing the overall picture and supporting your allies.
Battles involving balanced armies (some missile, some inf and some cav) can be just as good on BI as they were back in Shogun days. We have fought some battles that lasted an hour, which explodes the myth that RTW and/or BI gameplay is reduced. IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE PLAYERS THEMSELVES.

We Nomads have discussed this problem in the past and my opinion has always been this.........
When we specifically mention FAIR PLAY only to arrive on the battlefield facing one or more SPAM armies, apologise to those players who have entered the spirit of the game, tell the culprit (s) that SPAM armies are not considered FAIR and explain they are not welcome in our battles. Then quit the game.

I realise how frustrating this would be with hosting and re hosting but what else is there to do? Should we allow individuals to dictate OUR games? I would much rather spend 2 hours of messing about and have one decent battle than spend 2 hours in battles ruined by SPAM. I do not care that they can be beaten. I play this game for enjoyment and I honestly have no interest once I see a SPAM army.

Rant over......

Now to your second point. There have been a few Mods for RTW and there has been almost zero interest on MP side. There have also been some issues with Mods not being playable online, even when both parties had the same, fresh, Modded versions. Any tweaks applied to unit stats will result in a playing circle of 4. MP wise, sadly, nobody is interested.

Last edited by ^Glyndwr^ on Tue 03 Jun 2008, 22:21; edited 1 time in total
^Glyndwr^
^Glyndwr^
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Glyndwr^ Tue 27 May 2008, 17:00

Posted: 20 Jan 2006 07:53 pm

Another example of the farce of some players idea of FAIR PLAY.

Last night Marcus and I had a few games where balanced armies were used and they were enjoyable....we lost but..hey..we had fun.

But one game in particular...no rules just play fair...no problem with the army choice...but an ERE army, as I advanced towards it, retreated higher and higher and camped on the slope with his allie.
Marcus and I agreed we didn't want this so I just said...camping.. the game is being dropped. Their reply as I dropped the game...we are here.

It is the first time that I have every dropped a game but rest assured, in future, I will not hesitate to do it again. With or without an explanation to the opposing teams.

On the second point.....I have to agree with HUN. There just isn't the interest in MP for any tweaks or mods to the game.
You just wont get anyone to play.

Last edited by ^Glyndwr^ on Tue 03 Jun 2008, 22:24; edited 1 time in total
^Glyndwr^
^Glyndwr^
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Glyndwr^ Tue 27 May 2008, 17:01

^HUN^

Posted: 20 Jan 2006 11:31 pm

Well camping, corner camping, tacking the redzone, have been around since STW too, it was the main reason for the horrible Ironing Board map. We have always preferred natural battle maps and this is one of the draw backs, people see a hill and camp there. Personally, in that situation I would have stuck it out.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum