Nomad Forum Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan Merger

5 posters

Go down

Clan Merger Empty Clan Merger

Post by ^Tomisama^ Sat 29 Oct 2011, 20:36

Because of the imposability of smaller Clans having much chance of getting anyware on the Shogun 2 Contest Map.

Looks like the Hunters and Ronin Warlords are going to put their efforts together on the Contest Map as the HunterRW Clan (in process).

I would also like to add our old friends, the Nomad Alliance.

Could possibly then all be fighting together under a new game-clan name, the ^HunterRW^.

All keeping their current IDs and everything else the same.

Just joining together in a new Steam group and in game-clan.

This was brought up before, but now the time has come to make it happen.

Let's make our alliance "for real" the game-clan battle for contest Map.

What do you say?
^Tomisama^
^Tomisama^
Nomad
Nomad

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Clan Merger Empty Re: Clan Merger

Post by ^Tsavong^ Sun 30 Oct 2011, 00:06

If we change clans what happens to our clan tokens we have and the units we have spent tokens on?
^Tsavong^
^Tsavong^
Nomad
Nomad

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Jochi Khan^ Sun 30 Oct 2011, 00:39

^Kazemoto^ wrote:Could possibly then all be fighting together under a new game-clan name, the ^HunterRW^.

All keeping their current IDs and everything else the same.

Just joining together in a new Steam group and in game-clan.

Changing your Steam name is one thing, everything stays the same but, changing to a new in-game clan can cause setbacks. Like what permissions you have, where you start on the map, re-setting your Avatar etc. etc.

As the tables and ladders are still unreliable the Clan Competition is still not really playable.

As I have posted before, I am prepared to join up with RW members when available, to fight MP battles, but still as a ^Nomad^

^Marcus^ ^Tsavong^ and Nigel can make their own decisions what they want.
It is entirely up to them what they want to do.
^Jochi Khan^
^Jochi Khan^
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 245
Job/hobbies : Retired
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://www.nomadalliance.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Tomisama^ Sun 30 Oct 2011, 01:09

All would have to make a sacrifice of clan tokens, but your personal map stays the same as it is right now, as does your name.

Where to attack is in continuous change, so is up to each person to look at what they can do from where they are at, on any given day.

Just your personal analysis of what is needed and what the risks are.

We got all the way to the top only to be swamped by numbers of the other top clan’s.

What we hope to do now is enlist as many of our friends into a Grand Alliance, so that we can work on the map together.

We would all be starting over game-clan wise, but it is a price we are willing to pay for success.

Other Brother Clans under consideration are Hunter, Heerban, and Ugly members (old school clans).

I will be back as more news comes.
^Tomisama^
^Tomisama^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Tsavong^ Sun 30 Oct 2011, 18:42

If the other Nomads are happy to merge I will he happy to go along with them.
^Tsavong^
^Tsavong^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Tomisama^ Sun 30 Oct 2011, 19:39

http://clanhunter.informe.com/viewtopic.php?p=2574#2574

Just posted this on the Hunter forum, and now presenting it here.

Baby steps.

Have opened the Steam Group to Public

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/totalalliance/

Signing on the Steam Group will change nothing.

But creating it will make a game-clan available.

We get enough in the Steam Group, and I believe all will see the benifits of joining The Grand Alliance in the game.

Honour and Victory to the Grand Alliance!!!
^Tomisama^
^Tomisama^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Jochi Khan^ Mon 31 Oct 2011, 13:34

^Tsavong^ wrote:If the other Nomads are happy to merge I will he happy to go along with them.

That is a decision for each ^Nomad^ to make for themselves.

I will join the Steam Group The Grand Alliance but will remain a ^Nomad^ as I have posted before.
I see no reason to give up what we have now. I enjoy playing random games with friends that I meet on a regular basis. Prefer it than being tied to playing times in competitive games.
(Haven't played for the last month due to eye surgery but will soon be back)

As the game is at present I have no interest in the Clan Competition either (for the reasons I have stated in other posts).

The system/ladders/world groups are flawed.
Getting to the top of the Ladder/Regions etc are all exploitable.
Match Made games (required for promotions and tokens) are not fun or fair games. Too many cheats and cheaters.
^Jochi Khan^
^Jochi Khan^
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Tsavong^ Tue 01 Nov 2011, 14:54

Well I made the jump on to The Grand Alliance lets see how this goes. I am keeping my ^Nomad^ name though.

Even won two sea for them some how, not very sure what I am doing with sea battles yet heh.
^Tsavong^
^Tsavong^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Jochi Khan^ Tue 01 Nov 2011, 15:40

I have joined The Grand Alliance but that is only the Steam Group and not the Clan Group.

I don't think they have set the Clan group up yet.

I am still in the ^Nomad Alliance^ Clan Group that shows our clan pages, who is member what games won/lost etc

If we were to leave this clan group we would have to start all over again, tokens etc. etc.

Edit:... I see you have left the ^Nomad Alliance^ Clan Competition clan-group. Your name with your wins/losses has gone.
^Jochi Khan^
^Jochi Khan^
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Tsavong^ Tue 01 Nov 2011, 16:04

No I joined there clan in game, well I hope I did, it did not seem to effect my clan tokens which is nice though it is quite a jump down from the ^Nomad Alliance^ in group 4 to go down to 10 heh.
^Tsavong^
^Tsavong^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Jochi Khan^ Wed 02 Nov 2011, 13:15

I have posted this on the Hunter Clan forum today.....

Spoiler:

Thought it right to keep you guys up to date with any information as it happens.
^Jochi Khan^
^Jochi Khan^
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Tsavong^ Wed 02 Nov 2011, 19:11

So I see, CanCritterRW made a interesting replay, could we change are clan type if they asked us to I think we are cav right now?

^Tsavong^
^Tsavong^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Jochi Khan^ Wed 02 Nov 2011, 19:26

The ^Nomad Alliance^ clan page is set as Cavalry.
I do not think it is possible to change this once the clan has been set up.
^Jochi Khan^
^Jochi Khan^
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Tomisama^ Wed 02 Nov 2011, 21:47

Always amazing how great minds think alike (hehe).

I made the same proposal you have Jochi, the only sticking point was sacrifice. The RW gave up league tier 2 to provide an example of dedication to this, hoping that this would demonstrate our earnestness and conviction in a possible mission together.

All others will also be making similar sacrifices, some as large, some smaller. The question has to come up and be answered by all at some point; what is this worth to you? If everyone else is willing to humble themselves and start together at the bottom, I am afraid if you want to be as invested as all others are, you will have to do the same also.

We could all add or change our Clan IDs to the ^Nomad Alliance^ chevrons, and use the name in our identification, and the current forum. But The Grand Alliance would still have to be the place were we all come together as equals, starting over together, brothers in sacrifice and commitment to each other, at this particular time, for this particular game.

I salute you my old friend; and will accept what ever you decide, with honor and equal conviction that it will be the right thing, for now.

^Tomisama^
^Tomisama^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Tsavong^ Wed 02 Nov 2011, 22:20

Ah I thought it was something that could not be changed.

^Tsavong^
^Tsavong^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Jochi Khan^ Thu 03 Nov 2011, 10:45

^Tsavong^
Your in-game player list name will now show The Grand Alliance after your name. No longer a ^Nomad Alliance^ group player as it used to in blue print.
This is because you are now classed as a The Grand Alliance group player.
^Jochi Khan^
^Jochi Khan^
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Tsavong^ Thu 03 Nov 2011, 12:44

Yes I am currently in the grand alliance as my in game clan. though I can change back if need be.
^Tsavong^
^Tsavong^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigel Thu 03 Nov 2011, 19:34

Greetings my friends,

I am just calling in here to say that I am still with you, even though I have not been active for some time.

I have currently taken a step back from the game when, after installation of the patch, some graphics glitches appeared in my game which make it rather cumbersome to play. I guess I will have to go through the process of reinstalling the game and hopefully it will be ok after that. Only, so far I have not brought myselft to doing that.

But please dont take my absence for disinterest in the community.
I am still with you and watching with interest what happens. The idea of a Grand Alliane of old and traditional clans sounds good. But also, like Jochi says, for the Nomads, who are a group of independent players rather than a strict clan, it is befitting for everyone to decide for himself which clan to fight for in-game.

For me, it is just not the time now to make up my mind.
I whish you all best of luck, though, and until such time that I will fix my game and return, I shall watch with interest.

May the Code of Honour and the spirit of old be preserved for ever in the community.
Nigel
Nigel
Nomad
Nomad

Registration date : 2010-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Jochi Khan^ Fri 04 Nov 2011, 13:37

Hello Nigel, good to see you again.

Your problem with your graphics....have you checked if you are using the latest graphics driver?
I have read somewhere other players having graphics problems since the last patch. just cant remember where doh!!

Nigel wrote:The idea of a Grand Alliane of old and traditional clans sounds good.

This idea is an exact copy of the ^Nomad Alliance^ group and ^Nomad Alliance^ Clan Competition group.
Open to clan and non-clan members coming together under one banner but retaining their individuality (names and/ or tags).

In fact, a duplicate of both that we have already got set up.
^Jochi Khan^
^Jochi Khan^
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Jochi Khan^ Fri 04 Nov 2011, 13:51

^Kazemoto^ wrote:We could all add or change our Clan IDs to the ^Nomad Alliance^ chevrons, and use the name in our identification, and the current forum. But The Grand Alliance would still have to be the place were we all come together as equals, starting over together, brothers in sacrifice and commitment to each other, at this particular time, for this particular game.

This would not have been necessary. As I have already posted the ^Nomad Alliance^ groups were already set up, operational and working.
Why set up another identical group but with a different name?
^Jochi Khan^
^Jochi Khan^
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Clan Merger Empty my observations

Post by ^HUN^ Fri 04 Nov 2011, 22:39

I salute your dedication to the cause, Jochi, you've not forgotten the Nomad way and the reasons we chose this way, so long ago. ht_bow

Would I be correct in saying ^Nomad Alliance^ had to be registered as a clan to be a part of a campaign map or some such thing?
This no doubt, was a hard thing to do but necessary to fit in with new features of the game. However, judging by your posts, it is still clearly apparent that it is in fact not a clan. With members still sporting clan tags in their online names, the alliance remains an alliance.

Reading your post, Nigel, I can see you also understand ht_bow

Looking forward (backwards?) to a STW revival ... with sprites ... but great battle maps ... absorbing atmosphere ................and 4v4???
Bring back the Mongol Invasion music!!
......and all on 56k dial up

and they call this progress No
^HUN^
^HUN^
Nomad
Nomad

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Tomisama^ Sat 05 Nov 2011, 01:11

^Jochi Khan^ wrote:This would not have been necessary. As I have already posted the ^Nomad Alliance^ groups were already set up, operational and working.
Why set up another identical group but with a different name?

Gentlemen, not that I may be able to convince you one way or the other, or even that matters to our friendship as far as I am concerned. But just to be clear on something that seems to be misunderstood.

The Grand Alliance is a common denominator, no one’s Clan or un-Clan, order or organization. No former occupants, no legacies, never been anything other than what is being made right now.

That was a major part of the draw, as no one wanted to join an existing entity. They all already belonged to a Clan, and did not readily want to join another “existing” group. They would however enlist in a common “new thing”, as long as it was equally new to all who were joining it.

The Nomad Alliance has been here, and many if not most are already members of the Steam Group. Why didn’t they just come here? The same reason that they did not come to the Ronin Warlords, or the Hunters, when offers was made? And it was made, as I intended to intimate above; the proposal to all join the NA was made. I made it!

I am not a master of Clan psychology, but I have been working with Total War Clans for many years now, and at least have some glimmer of what works and what doesn’t. And basically having created a Clan Co-op almost overnight, with 48 Steam members and 13 game-clan members to date, deserves some kind of recognition.

I could not do it with Ronin Alliance (former name of the RW), or Ronin Warlords, I could not do it as Prophet of the Hunters, or as a recent rebuild of the Ronin Warlords (you all saw), or suggestion of a Nomad Alliance. To build a bigger Clan (one big enough to win the map contest) I had to go outside the box, and make something new.

Now I just hope it continues to grow, and lasts a while. At least until we conquer the map Very Happy

^Tomisama^
^Tomisama^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^HUN^ Sat 05 Nov 2011, 23:29

The Nomad Alliance never was an entity, that's just the point. It was certainly never intended to be a registered group or clan. Pity the new game won't accept anything other than clans (which is what you will become whether you like it or not.)

We turned our backs on clan BS a long time ago. We are individuals and nothing is expected or demanded in our camp. Each one is free from the constraints of clan ethos (and/or BS however you want to look at it) The idea was a meeting place as equals (the Nomad Camp) for anyone who came and enjoyed their visit and from there as allies on the battlefield. Even then those who were clan members would resume their roles within their clans, with no obligation and could even be an opposition in battle, fighting for their clan.
This is explained already and up front in the introduction to this site. There was never ambition here.

In my view, this Grand Alliance is also nothing new or at least, the name. Wasn't it a suggested name change for ETW NTW?

As for everyone making a sacrifice to join something new, the Nomad Alliance was never intended as an 'entity' to join, this is something the game is forcing on players and the reason for my STW nostalgia.
^HUN^
^HUN^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Jochi Khan^ Sun 06 Nov 2011, 13:23

^HUN^ wrote:
In my view, this Grand Alliance is also nothing new or at least, the name. Wasn't it a suggested name change for ETW NTW?

Here==> https://nomadalliance.rpg-board.net/t257-moving-forward
^Jochi Khan^
^Jochi Khan^
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ^HUN^ Sun 06 Nov 2011, 15:07

Exactly! Thank you Jochi, I found the post afterwards, I should have added the link.
^HUN^
^HUN^
Nomad
Nomad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down